Learn to optimally move your body
Balanced Athlete is a functional fitness program that teaches people of all ages and abilities how to move their bodies to optimize strengthening, healing and minimizing of injuries. Done in bare feet, it is based on mindful movement principles and uses the mirror for feedback.
New to Balanced Athlete? Start here
Balanced Athlete teaches a self-assessment process to help you get in touch with your body to reduce the postural problems, imbalances, and disconnection. This four-week course is a functional fitness program that will teach you how to optimally move your body.
It includes the following:
- A simple exercise design that eliminates guesswork about what is best for you
- Advice to help you increase your metabolism through eating whole foods
- Principles of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Information about mindfulness to enhance focus, energy, and a positive attitude
- Pain-free movement training – postural blueprint
- Proper weight training techniques to increase lean muscle
- Techniques to enhance the quality of your sleep
- Stress reduction techniques – the power of habit
WHERE AND WHEN
Glen Mills Studio, Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A beginner exercise program that will get you in the best shape of your life. Each class will follow a theme and involve a full exercise practice (workout) along with information to will help you energize your life.
People of all ages. It is appropriate for beginners as well as more advanced participants seeking to enhance their fitness potential.
$135 for the month-long course. It includes unlimited classes at any Empowered Yoga location. Pre-registration is required. Space is limited, so please call our main office (302-654-YOGA) to enroll. We permit drop-in registration on the day the course begins, but we reserve the right to cancel any BNB course within 24 hours of its start due to low enrollment.
5/2 - 2/25
6/6 - 6/29
Join Now — Save your spot!
BNB enrollment is limited to students who register in advance. Reserve your spot today in person, over the phone a at 302.654.YOGA today.